Hill Street Veterinary Hospital (HSVH) has its roots firmly planted in an old York County family that settled in this area in the 1850s. The first veterinarian, Dr. Frederick Helb Hartenstein, practiced out of a stable in New Freedom. He traveled from farm-to-farm in a horse drawn carriage. In 1941, his son, Dr. George Lewis Hartenstein III, or “Doc” purchased an established veterinary practice at 555 Hill Street. They named their new practice Hartenstein Hospital. Here they laid the foundation for the amazing years to come.
Leave A Comment