Open Clinic Hours
- 9:00am to 11:00am Monday through Friday
- Curbside Only
- Call 717-843-6060 upon arrival to check in
- First-Come First-Served
- Animals in distress will be triaged
- Bring proof of most recent Rabies Vaccination
In light of the COVID19 Pandemic, Open Clinic hours will remain curbside for the foreseeable future. This decision was made because of the volume of clients who arrive for these services each morning. Our waiting room cannot accommodate 20 people and their pets at one time. In an effort to provide a safe environment for our patients and our clients, we have elected to continue with curbside service during these hours.
What the Morning Looks Like
- Our phones come off service at 8am. If you call before 8am, you will be speaking with a member of an on-call service group, not Hill Street Veterinary Hospital. This on-call service group cannot arrive your pet into our hospital. Please call again after 8am to check in.
- First-Come, First-Served. Our parking lots are under 24-hour video and audio surveillance. Each morning we review the video footage to ensure that patients are seen in the order in which they arrived, not just the order in which the phone calls are taken.
- Between 8am and 9am, the only animals we take into the building are either surgical dropoffs or are here for fasted blood work.
- Patients with non-emergent issues here for Open Clinic will not be seen before 9am.
- During your wait, if you need to leave briefly for any reason, you may do so; however, when you return, please call in to let us know if your parking space has changed. If we come to get your pet and you are not present, we will continue with the next patient.
Most local veterinary hospitals are not taking new clients. Many people in need of veterinary services have been referred to our Open Clinic hours, making them very busy. Because the volume has been so high, we recommend you come early to check in. Once we hit a certain level of cases, or “capacity”, we start to turn people away for the day.